NEWS and RUMORS Public Beta Test Notes
Important information and release notes for the public beta testing phase of NEWS and RUMORS.
First Public Beta Test (BETA1)
- Welcome to the first Public Beta Test phase for the NEWS and RUMORS!
- NEWS and RUMORS (or "NAR" for short) is a news and content search engine, reader and API (coming soon).
- The main goal of NAR is to provide a diverse variety of content, including that which gets overlooked or ignored by most other content search engines and readers, while protecting the privacy of our users.
- The "Popular" search results (default home page) currently contains a variety of hand-picked sources because there is not enough traffic yet to generate an accurate list, but that will change once more people start using the site.
- Read the Search Help Guide to learn how to improve your search experience or use the Search Wizard if you prefer a simpler approach!
- NAR supports search topics (ex: #coronavirus) when searching to view specific topic-based content or to help filter search results when combined with other keywords.
- NAR also supports site searches (ex: @cnn.com) when searching to view content for specific sites or to help filter search results when combined with other keywords.
- NAR already indexes thousands of sites and many more will be added soon.
- Many search topics have been created already and thousands more will be added soon.
- NAR uses a password-less login system, so all you need is a valid email address to login!
- NAR already supports Site Themes, but they will not be enabled until BETA2.
- You can delete your account any time you want.